According to history, The first email was sent by Ray Tomlinson in 1971 or 1978 and it marked the evolution of the modern communication era. The email contents were not really special, a series of numbers and letters that looked more like a password than a message, but its significance was profound.
The email was sent from one computer to another, traveling through a network of machines not unlike the internet we know today. Tomlinson also introduced the “@” symbol in email addresses to the world.
Years later, Gary Thuerk, a marketing manager at Digital Equipment Corp, sent the first commercial email to a list of email addresses. Email marketing was therefore born. Even though there were just a few hundred persons on the list, Thuerk was nevertheless able to lay claim to the title of “Father of Spam.”
Today, Email marketing campaigns play an important role in the growth of a business, while some of it still feels spammy, but there’s no denying the impact a well-crafted content email can have on your customers.
Email marketing helps you connect with your audience to promote your brand and increase sales. You can do a lot of things with emails, like sell products, share some news, improve your cart abandonment rate or tell a story.
With Hordanso’s Email marketing techniques, it’s easy to find the right email contents for any campaign—whether you’re welcoming new subscribers, notifying customers of a sale, or wishing someone a happy birthday.
Is Email Marketing Effective?
When you want to communicate, build Customer- Relationships and introduce something about your brand or sell your stuff, email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to do so.
A recent study found that for every $1 spent, email has an average $38 return on investment (ROI). When shoppers are ready to buy something, they often look for emails from their favorite stores.
People receive multiple emails all the time, and it can be challenging to stand out in full inboxes. That’s why Hordanso gives you the tools you need to shine (plus, we’ve got a lot of tried and true tips on sending outstanding emails) and develop effective email marketing campaigns.
Where can I find an email list?
When you create and manage an active subscriber list made up of people who are interested in receiving your messages, you’ll see the best return on investment (and who opted in on purpose). Hordanso lists include built-in features to assist you along the road, even though creating a clean list can need more work at the beginning of your email marketing campaign.
There are many techniques to locate people who will eagerly anticipate receiving your emails, but we’ve highlighted a few that are most effective.
Creating an email list:
- Create a signup form on your website. When people come to your website for the first time and like what they see, they’ll want a way to stay in-the-know about your brand. Create a form for newsletter signups and install a pop-up to collect customer data from your visitors.
- Use a good old-fashioned signup sheet. Whether it’s at your brick and mortar store, or an event that you’re hosting or attending, when you’re surrounded by people who are into what you do, provide a place for them to sign up and learn more.
- Drive sign ups through social media. If you don’t have a substantial email list (or you’d just like to see it grow), but you’ve got an engaged social media following, tap into that resource. Share your signup form on your social channels.
To add more subscribers to an existing list:
- Host a contest or offer a discount. We’re big fans of giving people an incentive to sign up for your email list—and we know that contests work. Try offering a prize for some lucky new subscriber or a discount code for a first purchase.
- Make your emails easy to share. When you create beautiful, compelling emails, with a lot of valuable information people will want to share them. Hordanso gives you features (like share buttons and social media post builders) that let the word about your emails spread quickly.
- Building a landing page through Hordanso Landing pages offers one more way to grow your email list. Using your best imagery and content, landing pages give people a clear call to action and drive email signups way, way up.
Could I purchase an email list?
No. You should not buy an email list (and if you’re using Hordanso, you can’t use an email list you purchased).
Purchased lists are not functional, and they have an influence on everyone else who uses Hordanso email marketing template as well. Many of the emails you send to a list of people whose contact information you purchased will be marked as spam, and you’ll also see high unsubscribe rates. If somebody with the same IP address has previously sent spam, some email spam filters will flag an email campaign. When you use Hordanso email template, your emails are distributed via our servers, so if one user sends spam, it can hinder other users’ emails from getting to inboxes. However, we improve deliverability for everyone by prohibiting Our users from using purchased lists.
- Don’t use third-party lists. This includes purchased or rented mailing lists, and lists scraped from third-party sources, including public websites.
- Get permission. Everyone on your list should have opted in to receive emails from you, and their permission should be express and verifiable. If you use one of our signup form options, we track this permission for you.
- Include an unsubscribe link. Federal anti-spam laws require you to give people a way to unsubscribe from your list in every campaign you send. We require you to use our unsubscribe link.
I’m prepared to use email marketing, but which platform should I choose?
Whether you’re starting your first email marketing campaign or you’re a seasoned email pro, Hordanso has the tools and support you need. With a wide array of features that do everything from marketing automation to tracking tools to optimizing your emails through split testing, we’ve got you covered from start to finish.
Okay, but what is the price?
When you choose the Hordanso Email Pro, you have the option to select a plan. It gives you the option to experiment with our user-friendly tools and figure out how to best use our all-in-one Marketing Platform. So if you’re just getting off the ground, you can learn to market smarter so you can grow faster.
As your audience continues to grow, we empower you with lots of good recommendations (and fun email marketing tips!) about how to act on data from your contacts so you can send emails that people actually read. We will help you to create successful email marketing campaigns.
I’m new to email marketing, and I might need a little help.
If you’d like to keep in touch with our support team through online chat or email,we are on 24/7. Whether you’re hitting a roadblock with an email you’re writing or want more information about how something works, help is available around the clock. And when you’re ready to take your email marketing to the next level, we have plans for that, too.